Erpf Center

The Catskill Center's home is the Erpf Center, built in the late 1700s as a farm house for Hendrick Von Waggoner, a retired Revolutionary War officer. It was later sold to a Mr. Freer who operated a tavern on site. In 1826 it was bought by Noah Dimmick during which time an historic flood, locally known as the Punkin' Freshet (pumpkins apparently washed down the valley), impacted the surrounding area. Mr. Dimmick's home, seated atop a high knoll, was untouched and became known as Noah's Ark--presumably giving the town of Arkville, where the Erpf Center is located, its name. 

In 1969, Seager Fairbairn bought the property for Armand G. Erpf who donated the building to the Arkville Erpf Fund. In 1993, through the generosity of local philanthropist Sue Erpf Van de Bovenkamp, the home was given to the Catskill Center. 

Today the Erpf Center is home to the Catskill Center, the Mark Project, the Delaware & Ulster Railroad, the Erpf Gallery, office space for local nonprofits and plays host to public events and numerous organizations throughout the year.