Membership in the Catskill Center
It’s only with your membership and support that the Catskill Center can achieve the goals we all share: healthy ecosystems and vibrant communities in the Catskills! We take pride in knowing that our more than 47 year history has had a long-lasting impact. Of course there is always more work to be done and with you as a member, we can continue that work.
YOUR MEMBERSHIP SUPPORTs:
- Collaboration: The Catskill Center works hard to preserve and foster the Catskills by serving as a convener, fostering partnerships, facilitating discussions and supporting collaboration throughout our region. We chair the Catskill Park Advisory Committee, Co-Chair the Catskill Park Coalition, sponsor the annual Catskill Park Awareness Day, hold public forums on a number of different topics and take part in a multitude of other activities.
- Arts, Culture and Education: The Catskill Center supports arts, culture and education throughout the Catskills including at our headquarters in Arkville, at the Catskill Interpretive Center in Mount Tremper, the Artist in Residence Program at Platte Clove, and through educational curriculums for local schools and teachers. We provide scholarships to students from the Catskills for summer camps and colleges. At the Catskill Interpretive Center, we help visitors and residents alike learn about, explore and interpret the natural, cultural and historical resources of the Catskills.
- Stewardship: Through our stewardship programs including the Catskill Regional Invasive Species Partnership (CRISP), the Streamside Acquisition Program (SAP) and the Catskill Center Land Trust, we are working to protect and preserve the natural resources of the Catskills. CRISP is working to turn the tide on invasive species in the Catskills, the SAP is preserving forested, streamside lands essential for protecting water quality and our land trust holds conversation easements totaling 2,550 acres and owns four properties totaling 367 acres. These include our Thorn Preserve, Platte Clove Preserve and the lands of the Catskill Interpretive Center.
Your Membership Benefits:
Catskill Center membership offers many benefits, including discounts at area retailers and service providers - benefits only available to Catskill Center members. To receive your discounts, you must present your valid membership card at the time of purchase (need your card, please call us at 845.586.2611). Some stores offer the discount only on select items, so be sure to ask.
- FREE Subscription to the Catskill Center's quarterly newsletter filled with articles and columns that will enhance your understanding of the Catskills and the activities of the Catskill Center and its supporters.
- 10% Discount on purchases at the Maurice D. Hinchey Catskill Interpretive Center shop
- Money-Saving Discounts at participating retailers and businesses.
- Workshops, Seminars and Training Opportunities on a varied selection of activities in the Catskills.
- Volunteer Opportunities to "learn by doing" in areas as varied as environmental monitoring, publications, events, fundraising, public education at the Catskill Interpretive Center, fire tower stewardship and more!
- Access to the Catskill Center archives at the Erpf Center in Arkville, which includes Catskills related books, along with maps, guides and the Catskill Center's historical archive.
Catskill Center Sustainers
Enjoy all the benefits of Catskill Center membership, while providing reliable support for the Catskill Center as a monthly sustainer. Your credit or debit card will be billed automatically and your donation will renew each year until you say stop. This way your membership is always current, you are providing ongoing support for the Catskill Center and you’ll save time, money, and resources!