Become a monthly sustainer
Support the Catskill Center
The board of directors, volunteers and staff of the Catskill Center thank you for your generous support. It’s only with your help that the Center can achieve the goals we all share, healthy ecosystems and vibrant communities in the Catskills.
The Center continues to develop partnerships with local, state and national groups to protect our open spaces and natural resources. Together we take pride in knowing that our more than 47 year history has had a long-lasting impact. Of course there is always more work to be done and with your gift, we can continue that work!
Your Memberships and Donations to the Catskill Center support:
- Collaboration: The Catskill Center works hard to preserve and foster the Catskills by serving as a convener, fostering partnerships, facilitating discussions and supporting collaboration throughout our region. We chair the Catskill Park Advisory Committee, Co-Chair the Catskill Park Coalition, sponsor the annual Catskill Park Awareness Day, hold public forums on a number of different topics and take part in a multitude of other activities.
- Arts, Culture and Education: The Catskill Center supports arts, culture and education throughout the Catskills including at our headquarters in Arkville, at the Catskill Interpretive Center in Mount Tremper, the Artist in Residence Program at Platte Clove, and through educational curriculums for local schools and teachers. We provide scholarships to students from the Catskills for summer camps and colleges. At the Catskill Interpretive Center, we help visitors and residents alike learn about, explore and interpret the natural, cultural and historical resources of the Catskills.
- Stewardship: Through our stewardship programs including the Catskill Regional Invasive Species Partnership (CRISP), the Streamside Acquisition Program (SAP) and the Catskill Center Land Trust, we are working to protect and preserve the natural resources of the Catskills. CRISP is working to turn the tide on invasive species in the Catskills, the SAP is preserving forested, streamside lands essential for protecting water quality and our land trust holds conversation easements totaling 2,550 acres and owns four properties totaling 367 acres. These include our Thorn Preserve, Platte Clove Preserve and the lands of the Catskill Interpretive Center.
How you can support the Catskill Center
- Become a Member of the Catskill Center (membership benefits)
- Donate Online
- Become a Catskill Center Sustainer
- Donate By Mail: Checks made out to the "Catskill Center for Conservation and Development" may be mailed to: Catskill Center, PO Box 504, Arkville, NY 12406.
- Donate through Planned Giving and leave a lasting legacy: You can include the Catskill Center in your will or other estate plan. By doing so, you can extend your commitment to the Catskills far beyond your own lifetime and leave a lasting legacy for the Catskills. If you have already included the Catskill Center in your estate plans, please let us know. A bequest may be in the form of cash, securities, real estate, or other property. Sample language is available here.
- Donate Stocks and Securities: You can donate your stocks and securities directly to the Catskill Center.
- Make a Gift Through Your Donor Advised Fund: A donor advised fund (DAF) is a type of giving program that allows you to combine the most favorable tax benefits with the flexibility to easily support your favorite charities like the Catskill Center.
- Honorary and Memorial Gifts: Honor someone's birthday, anniversary, or a holiday with a gift to the Catskill Center. Give online or contact us. Pay a lasting tribute to Catskill Center members, friends, and supporters who are no longer with us. Give online, contact us or include the Catskill Center in a tribute. Sample wording you may want to use: In memory of (deceased), the family requests that a donation be made to the Catskill Center, 43355 Rt 28, Box 504, Arkville, NY 12406 or via their website www.catskillcenter.org/donate.
- Gift Memberships: Give the gift of Catskill Center membership to a friend, co-worker, family member, fellow conservationist, elected official - anyone who you think would enjoy learning more about ways to protect, preserve and foster the Catskills!
- Corporate Matching Gifts: Employers matching contributions can double or triple your gift. Ask your company's Human Resources or Matching Gift Department about charitable matching contributions. If your employer has a program that will match your donation to the Catskill Center, please complete your company's matching gift form and send it to the Catskill Center, PO Box 504, Arkville, NY 12406
Only with your support can the Catskill Center continue its mission!
Your support today helps us protect our vital ecosystems and unique landscapes, enhance economic opportunities for our region’s residents all the while preserving cultural and historic assets and furthering a regional vision and spirit. It’s through your support that we can continue to protect and promote the greater Catskill region while preserving it for generations to come.
The Catskill Center is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. Your contribution and membership dues are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.