Membership in the Catskill Center
Your membership and support allow the Catskill Center to achieve our shared goals of healthy ecosystems and vibrant communities in the Catskills.
With you as a member, the Catskill Center's work will continue into our 50th year and beyond.
- Subscription to the Catskill Center's quarterly newsletter filled with articles and columns that will enhance your understanding of the Catskills and the activities of the Catskill Center and its supporters.
- 10% Discount on purchases at the Maurice D. Hinchey Catskill Interpretive Center Gift Shop and the Erpf Center's Bookstore
- Member only invitations to special events, activities and opportunities.
- Workshops, Seminars and Training Opportunities on a varied selection of activities in the Catskills.
- Volunteer Opportunities to "learn by doing" in areas as varied as environmental monitoring, publications, events, fundraising, public education at the Catskill Interpretive Center, fire tower stewardship and more!
- Access to the Catskill Center archives at the Erpf Center in Arkville, which includes Catskills related books, along with maps, guides and the Catskill Center's historical archive.
- Discounts at area retailers and service providers with presentation of your membership card at the time of purchase (need your card, please call us at 845.586.2611). Some stores offer the discount only on select items, so be sure to ask.
YOUR MEMBERSHIP SUPPORTs:
Collaboration: The Catskill Center works hard to preserve and foster the Catskills by serving as a convener, fostering partnerships, facilitating discussions and supporting collaboration throughout our region.
Education, Arts and Culture: The Catskill Center supports education, arts and culture throughout the Catskills including at the Erpf Gallery, Catskill Interpretive Center's sculpture park, Platte Clove's Artist in Residence Program and through educational curriculums for local schools and teachers. We provide scholarships to students from the Catskills for summer camps and colleges. At the Catskill Interpretive Center, we help visitors and residents alike learn about, explore and interpret the natural, cultural and historical resources of the Catskills.
Stewardship: Through our stewardship programs including the Catskill Regional Invasive Species Partnership, the Streamside Acquisition Program and the Catskill Center Land Trust, we are working to protect and preserve the natural resources of the Catskills. CRISP is working to turn the tide on invasive species in the Catskills, the SAP is preserving forested, streamside lands essential for protecting water quality and our land trust holds conservation easements totaling 2,550 acres and owns four properties totaling 367 acres. These include our Thorn Preserve, Platte Clove Preserve and the lands of the Catskill Interpretive Center.
Catskill Center Monthly Sustainers
Enjoy all the benefits of Catskill Center membership, while providing reliable support for the Catskill Center as a monthly sustainer.
Your credit or debit card will be billed automatically and your donation will automatically renew each year. Save time, money, and resources, keep your membership current and support the Catskill Center.
The Catskill Center is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization (EIN: 23-7058142).
Your contribution and membership dues are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.